Monday, July 25, 2011

Banana Bread!

This morning was a "Banana Bread kinda morning"!  I had a couple of over ripe naners staring at me so decided to make my fave recipe.  This bread is made with whole wheat flour but is so light, not dense at all.  I don't dig nuts in my bread, so I sprinkle some rolled oats on top for some crunchiness instead, but if you're feeling nutty feel free to throw a 1/2 cup or so into the batter and sprinkle some on top!



Dry Ingredients

1 2/3 cup of whole wheat flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon

Wet Ingredients

2 large over ripe bananans, smashed up
1/3 cup milk (I use 1%)
1 egg
1/4 cup Smart Balance, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix dry ingredients until blended.  In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients until well blended.  Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix well.  Pour into greased loaf pan.  Sprinkle the top with rolled oats.  Bake for 1 hour. 

That's it!  So easy, yet so yummy!  The middle is light and moist, while the outside has just the right amount of crunch.  I like to spread a little Smart Balance on mine while it's still warm :)  Enjoy!

1 comment: