Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Don't Stop Believin'

Visit GMG today!
This summer I've been participating in  the Ministry of Motherhood bookclub based on Sally Clarkson's book.  This week we are talking about the importance of training our children.  As I've read the verses this week, an 80's song keeps popping into my head (I know I've just dated myself!), DON'T STOP BELIEVIN' by Journey.  The chorus says "Don't stop believin', hold on...".    That's exactly what God tells us to do too! 

Hebrews 10:35-36 tells us not to throw away our confidence because it will be richly rewarded, perservere!  Matthew 24:9-14 assures us that persecution will come and many will turn away from what they've been taught, but we are to stand firm!  Don't stop believin', hold on because God keeps his promises and he has promised us our perserverance will pay off more than we can imagine!   My desire is that I can teach my children how important this command is...that in their everyday life they will finish what they commit to do, that they know what they believe and don't let others convince them otherwise.....that they Don't stop believin and hold on.....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Danielle.. popped over from Good Morning Girls. Songs pop into my head at times too. Most recently,one by Olivia Newton John and Andy Gibb,(I blogged about it here http://shinebrightlyforjesus.blogspot.com/2011/07/mad-hatters-tea-party-lessons-from.html) this while I was meditating..I'm glad I'm not the only one!

    I LOVE Journey and Dont Stop Believing is one of my favourites!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete