Thursday, July 7, 2011

"Homemade" Salsa to die for!

Tonight is taco night and I am about to mix up a batch of my favorite salsa courtesy of my hero, The Pioneer Woman!  This salsa is sooooo good and super easy.  Everyone will be asking you for the recipe.  Go here to see step-by-step how Ree makes it or follow these instructions. This makes a Large batch!  I mix mine in my blender since I don't have a food processor big enough.  It keeps very well in the fridge for about 2 weeks, however it's never around our house that long!  Enjoy :)

P.S.  if you do visit the PW site, she is giving away 3 $350 Target gift cards, so make sure you register to win!

You'll need:
  • 1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
  • 2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
  • 1/4 cup Chopped Onion
  • 1 clove Garlic, Minced
  • 1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
  • 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
  • 1/2 cup Cilantro (more To Taste!)
  • 1/2 whole Lime Juice
Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you'd like---I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour.

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I love salsa!
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Jo-Anna!

    ReplyDelete