Thursday, July 7, 2011

House Overhaul

This pantry makes me happy!
I love order!  I love for things to be organized, look pretty and uncluttered.  Unfortunately, I'm not a neat, orderly person :(  I'm a pack rat and a piler.  What's a piler?  Someone who piles things on every flat surface available.  Sound familiar?  I hope so, please don't let me think I'm the only one with this affliction! 

I'm tired of the piles and the clutter!  I've reached my breaking point, so this summer I have been working hard to get this house in order!  Thanks to my parents for holding Grandparent Summer Camp for a few weeks so I can get some major stuff tackled!  Last month, I cleaned out the scary basement and garage, cleaned and organized our master closet and the laundry room.  This week I'm tackling the kitchen, the kid's bedrooms, and organizing the basement.  Wish me luck!  I'll post some pics as I dig myself out :)

2 comments:

  1. Danielle, I'm not only a piler with a heavy conscience, but I'm also a procrastinator. Piling procrastinators make for some pretty pathetic piles and pretty puny promises. :/ I've done better, but I can do better still. I'm currently telling myself that I'm going to inventory my kitchen and make some headway there. We shall see, right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, were we separated at birth? I'm also a major procrastinator. We've been in this house almost 6 years, and I'm finally getting somewhat organized if that tells you anything! Maybe one day it will come naturally to us! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete