Friday, July 8, 2011

A Sneak Peek!

One thing I'm doing this week while the kids are visiting the Gparents is knocking out some D.I.Y projects on my to-do list!  The first is a storage cabinet for Gman's room.  I found this awesome solid wood locker style cabinet at our local antique mall for a steal. 






Can't you just imagine covered shelves and matching baskets for toy storage?!
It was in great condition, but it needed a little somethin' somethin' before it would be perfect.  Today I got out navy blue paint and went to work!  It's drying right now, but I think I'm in love!!!!  Looks soooo much better.  I still have a few finishing touches to add, so stay tuned for the big reveal!

Since I was already making a big mess, I decided to tackle this small project that has been on my to-do list for the past 2 years now.  I found this cute piece at the thrift store for only 59 cents, woo, hoo! 

I love cute, yet functional pieces so this fit the bill.  The center was handpainted by a woman named Lila in 1991....stylish for the nineties, but not quite my style now.  So I attacked it with some black spray paint and it already looks 90% better!
Terrible photo I know :(

I plan to do some lettering in the middle to jazz it up.  I can't decide if it will go in the Laundry room or by the front door yet????  Maybe inspiration will hit me soon and I will show you the finished product next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment