Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Kitchen Katastrophes

I love to cook, however I'm not a patient cook, therefore every once in a while I have some problems in the kitchen.  Yesterday, I decided to make a mixed berry crostada with the fresh blackberries and blueberries we had...yum!  I thought I had plenty of butter, so I start mixing up the ingredients...flour in, sugar in, salt in, butter in - oops, I only had 1 stick of butter left!  At this point I should have loaded up the kids and made a trip to the store, but I wanted a berry crostada NOW (notice the impatience here?).  So, I substituted Smart Balance spread.  Note to self:  NEXT TIME GO TO THE STORE! 

After 5 minutes in the oven, I see the beginnings of an oven disaster...melted butter is all over the baking sheet, about to roll right off into my clean oven.  My mind is working overtime....I can't waste my beautiful fresh berries and all of those ingredients!  So, I dump everything in a baking dish and hope the final product is somewhat like a cobbler.  Surprise, surprise!  40 minutes later I take it out of the oven, it looks like cobbler, it smells like cobbler, and IT TASTES LIKE COBBLER!  Disaster averted, ingredients saved, momma's fat and happy! 

Let me know I'm not alone with Kitchen Mishaps!  Have you made a mess in the kitchen?  Did you save it or have to scrap it?

No comments:

Post a Comment